Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) consists of a community of individuals who pledge support to a farm. Unlike many CSA’s, I’m not asking you to share the risks of food production with me. I do not expect payment up front, payment is by week when you pick up your box of vegetables. I can also customize shares based on food allergies/sensitivities, I'm very flexible.
Why join a CSA?
- Enjoy eating seasonally and trying new food.
- Support a farm that is dedicated to protecting the environment.
- Receive fresh, ripe vegetables each week that have not travelled thousands of kilometres to your table.
- Build a connection with the farmer who grows and cares for your food.
- Support your local economy.
- Help a young farmer grow her business.
- It's affordable, there are usually more vegetables in your share than their retail value.
The CSA runs from mid June to December. By using season extension techniques I am able to have good variety in the shares early on and late in the growing season. The regular size share (~8 items) is $20 per week, and the half size share (~5 items) is $15 per week. Pick up is at the farm on Monday evenings at 5:30pm, or at the Wolfville Farmers Market on Saturdays from 8:30am - 1:00pm. If you are going on vacation just let me know and I won't harvest your share that week.
What to expect in your boxes
green onions, radish, salad mix, romaine lettuce, beet greens, kale, swiss chard, peas (sugar snap & shelling), arugula, mizuna, spinach, bok choy, beets, spring turnip, purplette onions, etc.
tomatoes, swiss chard, kale, potatoes, salad mix bunched carrots, basil, broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage (red, green and savoy) cucumbers, sweet corn, zucchini, colourful beans, radicchio, fennel, kohlrabi, etc.
onions, sweet potatoes, white potatoes, carrots, watermelon, cantaloupe, garlic, fennel, tomatoes, rutabaga, leeks, parsley, cabbage, beets, cauliflower, broccoli, spinach, salad mix, brussels sprouts, winter squash, pumpkin, etc.
sweet potatoes, onions, garlic, winter squash, leeks, potatoes, carrots, turnip or rutabaga, etc.
Each week there will be extra items you can purchase from the farm (when available) such as:
- extra vegetables (for preserving, dinner parties, etc.)
- fall decorations (pumpkins, corn stalks, straw bales, etc.)